Mask


We live in a world that judges. 
So I put my mask on, paint it the best that I can. 
It is not beautiful, I know. 
But at least it conceals my flaws. 
Seeing life as a stage, I pretend to be somebody so I can be accepted, so I can be happy. 
But little did I know that life should not be about finding happiness. 
You should not set being happy as a life goal since it is too easy. 
You will find yourself getting bored, 
thinking, “Is this it? Is this all that life can give to me?”. 
Inside you know that life is an ecstasy and you should have felt more yet your mind is telling you that you should be satisfied. 
There will be inexplicable darkness that suffers you. 

However, most people choose to ignore that emptiness, feeling hollow all the time. Until that hollowness swallows the whole of you, leaving nothing, that you will beg for help from the choice you made yourself.

“Judging others makes us blind, whereas love is illuminating. By judging others we blind ourselves to our own evil and to the grace which others are just as entitled to as we are.” ― Dietrich BonhoefferThe Cost of Discipleship 

Comments

Popular Posts